RURAL HOUSEWORK IS NEVER DONE...
• Wednesday afternoon out with my Gilets Verts girls litter-picking up on Goodwood to Petworth road...💚
• we were organised this time & took picnic...so tea & cake al fresco...😋😎😃
• see who was too busy enjoying Chris’ rock cakes to focus on posing for a photo...😂😂
• totals for this pick to follow shortly...👍
• it was a litter heavy afternoon...down to meet @message.on.a.bottle & Litter Ladies to clear Apuldram to Dell Quay road...gorgeous fun evening...😎💚
• on parking the lane looked fairly clear...ha ha...moved those brambles & grass to reveal masses of plastic bottles, cans & sadly broken glass bottles...😫
• never mind the danger to wildlife of broken glass, but thinking of our hotter summers, tossers (as in #dontbeatosser) should think of FIRE RISK to fields & hedges...🔥👎😩
• happy to see more litter picking boards @martindorey@2minutebeachclean@2minutelitterpick around & about...🙌🙌
• plus ended my Wednesday on a high as saw my first two swallows...one happy UberGranny...💗😃👌
Debs xx 😘
I talk a lot about intentions on here. I get this from what I do on the mat. It has become a practice to determine “intentions” for the practice in yoga. As much as this is a gift on the mat, it must be practiced after we “pick up our mat” and go into this messy chaotic world. We must keep these intentions for ourselves. Last night my intention was that moving/stretching/exercising might be a gift to my body. That was a shift for me. Being diagnosed with a chronic illness really reshapes your relationship with your body. Suddenly “pushing through” needs to be replaced with “do what feels right”. Less squats and more soaks. We must not stop our lives: moving is a gift, the gift of healing. #yogahome#patience#cultivate#crystalsandclay#lovingkindness#chronicillness#phillyyogis#conshy#conshohocken#intentions#getonthemat#takeitwithyou#loveyourself#selfcare#cirs
Today’s pick up!
I’m pretty busy during Easter holidays, but always have few seconds for our home 🌎 💙 - Did you hear @gretathunberg speech today? Straight to the point, accurate, and moving. We’re more and more people doing our part, let’s keep that in mind.
OUT AGAIN THIS AFTERNOON WITH LES GILETS VERTS GIRLS & REALISED I HADN’T DONE LAST WEEK’S POST...😳😔😳
• so last Wednesday afternoon we met at the South Downs Way car park to tackle the litter & rubbish on Cocking Hill...one of only four roads crossing the Downs in our area...😃
• @mazza0305 & I had noticed how much rubbish littered this very steep hill’s wooded edges...😔😔
• we split into two groups & set to...even though chilly out of the sunshine, we all felt as if we’d gone through a sauna after tackling the terrain & amount of litter...🥵🥵
• if only people would think of the impact on the countryside & those that also share our gorgeous world...🌍 • photo 5 - this dear hen pheasant sat tight on her. clutch of eggs only feet away from me clearing cans, bottles & plastics of all types...😊😔
• if you need to instal a car seat 💺 please take the packaging home!!
• if you feel the need to change your clothes & wellies please take them home to your bin!! • if your umbrella ☂️ breaks take it home!!
• if you feel the urge to answer a call of nature do it quietly somewhere, don’t fill a lidded bucket & leave it for one of six Sussex women to unwittingly pick up...🤮😳🤮
• we were happy with the way Cocking Hill looked after our efforts...👌
• our totals: 58.2kg rubbish
146 plastic bottles #pickup1million
55 glass bottles #pickup1million
bike’s inner tube
private property notice
lidded bucket full of poo 💩 🤣😳🤮
• great work & big pat on the back to us all...thank goodness for delicious cake & tea afterwards...😋👌😃
• we shan’t stop but one day it would be nice to think that others might learn & follow suit & keep our countryside litter free...🤞🤞
• here’s to a fabulous Wednesday...warm & sunny & more Wombling this afternoon...😃
Enjoy yours with happiness oozing out of you...Debs xx 😘
🌊 INTRODUCING: Ocean Waves 2.0 🌊⠀
Inspired by the mysterious depths of our oceans, we are excited to introduce our FIFTH Limited Edition bottle!⠀
For every bottle purchased, $5 will be donated to Coral Reef Alliance to help preserve critical coral reefs, some of the most diverse ecosystems in the world.⠀
The majestic body of a Sea Turtle 🐢 is laser engraved on each bottle cap, and only 500 are made! Get yours before they're gone! Link in bio. 🌱 #quebottle#takeitwithyou⠀
It's time to get away!!
🔹Don't forget to send us your #travelswithprene photos to automatically get a chance to win a FREE PRENE™ bag of your choice! 🔹Taking entries until April 30th. Winner to be drawn on May 1st🔹
When I Say "Hey Sweetie Maybe See A Dr"?? Thats Me Changing The Locks... #packyourshit#takeitwithyou#takeitwithyouwhenyougo Maybe Fixing You Is The Priority Not Asking Someone To Mask And Harbor Your Mental Health Issues...Thats Law..Thats Normal Psychology...NOBODY Should Be Forced To Live With Their Patient For The Rest Of Their Life